The history of DOLL
Since 2018, the company is being managed by Markus Ehl as Managing Director and Renato Ramella as Managing Director for Sales, Marketing and Service.
Subsidiary DOLL AMERICA INC. founded in Bridgeport, New Jersey. The location specialises in assembling vehicles for the catering sector for airport aprons.
The company is forced to file for insolvency in 2014 and is taken over by investment group CMP in September the same year. DOLL starts trading as a limited liability company (GmbH) once more, under the leadership of Mark Toschek.
The next major extension is completed in spring 2009. A new 7,200 m² industrial unit houses parts manufacture, offices and recreational rooms.
2009 sees DOLL opening a new production facility when DOLL Sachsen GmbH goes into operation in Mildenau, where part of the DOLL product portfolio is manufactured.
2008 marks another major milestone in the company's history, now stretching over 130 years: DOLL Fahrzeugbau GmbH changes its legal status to become DOLL Fahrzeugbau AG, a non-listed family public limited company.
Brunhilde Rauscher-Doll, the company founder's great-granddaughter, joins the executive management in 1999. In 2003, Dr Manfred Münch becomes part of the executive management. The Oppenau location is expanded:
a new final assembly workshop is inaugurated in 2006.
The company continually expands its product portfolio for special-purpose vehicles during the seventies, eighties and nineties. In 1985, the various activities are divided into the three operational divisions Timber Transport, Heavy Haulage and Mobile Systems.
The company's 100 years of existence is celebrated with all DOLL employees, clients and suppliers in 1978. Appreciation is also shown for the importance of employees for the company's well-being.
Emil, Heinrich and Friedrich Doll join company management in 1948, the third generation of the family to do so. The company grows steadily under their leadership and starts exporting timber transport vehicles to Africa in the 1950s. These export activities form the basis for today's global network of partners and service workshops.
In 1910, Emil Doll takes over the company, the second generation of the family to do so. As motorisation gains apace in the 1920s, he recognises the signs of a new age and produces superstructures and trailers for the newly developed motorised commercial vehicles.
When Johann Georg Doll founded a cartwright business in Oppenau in 1878, he could never have imagined that it would grow into a company and high-tech specialist which sells its vehicles all over the world.
When the "Doll coach works" was founded in 1878, it first produced coaches and carriages of all types and forestry tools such as axes and slashers.