The requirements for military transport operations with vehicle bodies are as varied as the DOLL product portfolio in these areas of use. The portfolio ranges from swap systems and two-axle platform bodies to transport troops and goods through to fifth-wheel coupling superstructures with adapters for the flexible use of different semi-trailers.
DOLL is a major partner in this sector for all truck manufacturers providing mass production, small batch series, test vehicles and prototypes. DOLL also supplies its products in the form of kits in cooperation with international partners, thus meeting demand for local content.
- 2-5 axles
- Low-torsion and torsion-free
- Wide choice for superstructure design
- Client-specific layout based on range of uses
Overview of types
- Bearing sub-frame:
Low-torsion or torsion-free
- Use of high-strength, fine-grain steel
- High-grade attachment parts:
Storage boxes, spare wheel holder, tow bar, entrenchment tool, container locks, etc.
- Client-specific stowage concepts
- Spare wheel holders in different versions
- Use in all climatic conditions
- Fording capability
- Can be loaded onto aircraft and rail
- Option: equipped as a hazardous goods carrier (ADR)
Deformation in the truck frame by uneven terrain is cushioned by the special suspension in the DOLL sub-frame. This ensures cross-country mobility to a certain extent and also a low tare weight.
A sub-frame integrated between the truck frame and sub-frame with a double three-point bearing decouples the body from the truck frame, ensuring no torsional forces are transferred into the superstructure. This means the load platform is free of torsion and the truck's cross-country mobility is not impaired.